2017-09-21 - Joao Eriberto Mota Filho <firstname.lastname@example.org>
sysvbanner (1:1.0-16) unstable; urgency=medium
* QA upload.
* Set Debian QA Group as maintainer. (see #856302)
* Since 1.0-13 revision, the package was converted to native. However, it is
not a native package. I found #44247, that confirms this situation. Now, I
am reverting to a non-native package. Consequently:
- Using 'epoch 1:' to get 1.0-16 revision.
- Using original upstream tarball, provided by 1.0-1 revision.
- Moved the manpage, previously provided by a patch, from upstream place
- Created patch 10_fix-banner.patch to include string.h and fix a typo.
- Dropped all unneeded changes in upstream source code.
- debian/copyright to 1.0 format.
- DebSrc from 1.0 native to 3.0 quilt.
- DH level to 10.
- Bumped Standards-Version to 4.1.0.
- Improved the description.
- Removed the VCS fields because the old maintainer repository no longer
* debian/install: added to install the binary.
* debian/links: created to provide the sysvbanner command, pointing to
banner. (LP: #322200)
* debian/lintian-overrides: removed because it is no longer needed.
* debian/manpages: added to install the manpage.
* debian/patches/20_add-GCC-hardening.patch: added to provide CPPFLAGS.
* debian/README.source: created to tell about VCS fields.
- Added DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS variable to improve GCC hardening.
- Created target override_dh_strip because this package does not provide
any symbol inside -dbgsym package.
* debian/watch: added a fake site to explain about the current status of the
original upstream homepage.
2009-05-07 - Ryan Niebur <email@example.com>
sysvbanner (1.0.15) unstable; urgency=low
* fix Standards-Version to be 3.8.1
* add build dependency on debhelper 7 (Closes: #526847)
* completely redo debian/rules with debhelper 7
* add debian/compat
* remove README.debian
* remove prerm, doubt it's needed anymore
* adopt package (Closes: #527153)
* remove dependency on bsdmainutils, remove conflict on old version,
it is over 10 years old
* add misc:Depends dependency
* version number is now 1.0.15, making this a (correct) native package
- override latest-debian-changelog-entry-changed-to-native
* add the phrase 'public domain' to d/copyright to get rid of the
* add Vcs-* fields
2009-05-03 - David Frey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
sysvbanner (1.0-14) unstable; urgency=low
* Upload with correct e-Mail address.
2009-05-01 - David Frey <email@example.com>
sysvbanner (1.0-13) unstable; urgency=low
* update to standard version 126.96.36.199
* handle nostrip option (closes: #438083)
* change permissions of debian/files and debian/substvars
* orphaned package
2003-02-16 - David Frey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
sysvbanner (1.0-12) unstable; urgency=low
* renamed <strings.h> to <string.h> include to fix compiler warning
* do not set link to /usr/doc in postinst (fixes lintian bug)
* make it a foreign Debian package, by creating an "original" .tar.gz
out of the original shell archive (sysvbanner was posted to
comp.sources.misc, Volume 3, Issue 71) (closes: #44247)
2002-08-24 - David Frey <email@example.com>
sysvbanner (1.0-11) unstable; urgency=low
* updated standard version, strip binary on install
2001-01-07 - David Frey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
sysvbanner (1.0-10) unstable; urgency=low
* recompile for woody
1999-10-10 - David Frey <email@example.com>
sysvbanner (1.0-9) unstable; urgency=low
* adapted to follow FHS (rules and Makefile updated).
1999-05-15 - David Frey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
sysvbanner (1.0-8) unstable; urgency=low
* recompile for potato.
* renamed changelog to changelog.Debian
1998-02-10 - David Frey <email@example.com>
sysvbanner (1.0-7) unstable; urgency=low
* fixed bugs reported by lintian: md5sums-file starting with dot.
* changed maintainer address to official Debian address.