2017-09-12 - Moritz Muehlenhoff <email@example.com>
emacs24 (24.5+1-11+deb9u1) stretch-security; urgency=medium
* Remove unsafe enriched mode translations
2017-04-29 - Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org>
emacs24 (24.5+1-11) unstable; urgency=medium
* emacs-common: add "Breaks: mell (<= 1.0.0-7)". Apparently it was
removed from the archive in 2011 and can no longer install.
Thanks to Andreas Beckmann for reporting the problem.
* emacs-common: add "Breaks: prom-mew (<= 2.00+3.2am01-1)".
Apparently it was removed from the archive in 2009 and can no
longer install. Thanks to Andreas Beckmann for reporting the
problem. (Closes: 851604)
* Add additional fix for memory exhaustion on ppc64el. Add
augment the previous fix for memory exhaustion on ppc64(el).
Thanks to Adrian Bunk and Iain Lane for reporting the problem and
Iain Lane for backporting and providing the fix.
(Closes: 854799, 861032)
2017-04-22 - Rob Browning <email@example.com>
emacs24 (24.5+1-10) unstable; urgency=medium
* Don't segfault if gcc expects -nopie instead of -no-pie.
Add 0027-Emacs-shouldn-t-segfault-when-gcc-expects-nopie.patch, a
backport from emacs25 (that closed #841551) to fix the problem.
Thanks to Lucas Nussbaum and Aaron M. Ucko for reporting the
problem, and Sven Joachim for tracking down the upstream patch.
* Don't offer/use openssl s_client by default: "s_client is a debug
tool, it does not set up a secure connection, it ignores all
errors and just continues. It also doesn't do checks it should be
doing. This is all documented behaviour." -- Kurt Roeckx
Add these patches to fix the problem:
Thanks to Kurt Roeckx for reporting the issue. (Closes: #766397)
2017-04-16 - Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org>
emacs24 (24.5+1-9) unstable; urgency=medium
* Improve gnutls security. Remove --insecure and specify a trustfile.
Add these upstream patches to fix the problem:
Partially addresses #816063.
* Stop using libgnutls. Add a dependency on gnutls-cli, configure
--without-gnutls, and remove the corresponding build dependency so
the patches that were just added to improve SSL security will take
effect by default. Thanks to Nathaniel Smith for reporting the
problem and Antoine Beaupre for providing code to reproduce
it. (Closes: 816063)
2017-01-22 - Rob Browning <email@example.com>
emacs24 (24.5+1-8) unstable; urgency=medium
* Configure with REL_ALLOC=no to fix crashes. Thanks to Santiago
Vila for reporting the problem, and Sean Whitton for helping test
the fix. (Closes: 849775)
* Backport upstream fix for TRAMP hang on startup. Thanks to Sean
Whitton for tracking down, backporting and testing the
fix. (Closes: 810640)
2016-12-18 - Balint Reczey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
emacs24 (24.5+1-7.1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Non-maintainer upload.
* Disable building with PIE which is now the default (Closes: #837421)
* Add Breaks: oneliner-el (<= 0.3.6-7.1) (Closes: #754892)