2014-10-24 - Joey Hess <email@example.com>
propellor (0.9.1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Docker: Add ability to control when containers restart.
* Docker: Default to always restarting containers, so they come back
up after reboots and docker daemon upgrades.
* Fix loop when a docker host that does not exist was docked.
2014-10-10 - Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>
propellor (0.9.0) unstable; urgency=medium
* Avoid encoding the current stable suite in propellor's code,
since that poses a difficult transition around the release,
and can easily be wrong if an older version of propellor is used.
Instead, the os property for a stable system includes the suite name
to use, eg Stable "wheezy".
* stdSourcesList uses the stable suite name, to avoid unwanted
immediate upgrades to the next stable release.
* debCdn switched from cdn.debian.net to http.debian.net, which seems to be
better managed now.
* Docker: Avoid committing container every time it's started up.
2014-08-22 - Joey Hess <email@example.com>
propellor (0.8.3) unstable; urgency=medium
* The Debian package now includes a single-revision git repository in
/usr/src/propellor/, and ~/.propellor/ is set up to use this repository as
its origin remote. This avoids relying on the security of the github
repository when using the Debian package.
* The /usr/bin/propellor wrapper will warn when ~/.propellor/ is out of date
and a newer version is available, after which git merge upstream/master
can be run to merge it.
* Included the config.hs symlink to config-simple.hs in the cabal and Debian
2014-08-04 - Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>
propellor (0.8.2) unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix bug in File.containsLines that caused lines that were already in the
file to sometimes be appended to the end.
* Hostname.sane also configures /etc/mailname.
* Fixed Postfix.satellite to really configure relayhost = smtp.domain.
* Avoid reconfiguring postfix unncessarily when it already has a relayhost.
* Deal with apache 2.4's change in the name of site-available config files.
* Hostname aliases can now be used in several places, including --spin
2014-07-09 - Joey Hess <email@example.com>
propellor (0.8.1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Run apt-get update in initial bootstrap.
* --list-fields now includes a table of fields that are not currently set,
but would be used if they got set.
* Remove .gitignore from cabal file list, to avoid build failure on Debian.
2014-07-06 - Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>
propellor (0.8.0) unstable; urgency=medium
* Completely reworked privdata storage. There is now a single file,
and each host is sent only the privdata that its Properties actually use.
To transition existing privdata, run propellor against a host and
watch out for the red failure messages, and run the suggested commands
to store the privdata using the new storage scheme. You may find
it useful to run the old version of propellor to extract data from the old
privdata files during this migration.
Several properties that use privdata now require a context to be
specified. If in doubt, you can use anyContext, or
* Add --edit to edit a privdata value in $EDITOR.
* Add --list-fields to list all currently set privdata fields, along with
the hosts that use them.
* Fix randomHostKeys property to run openssh-server's postinst in a
* Hostname.sane now cleans up the 127.0.0.1 localhost line in /etc/hosts,
to avoid eg, apache complaining "Could not reliably determine the
server's fully qualified domain name".