plplot-tcl-bin - Tcl/Tk tools for PLplot, a plotting library
||Debian 8 (Jessie)
||Debian Main i386
|| 10 B
PLplot is relatively small, portable, freely distributable, and is rich
enough to satisfy most users. It has a wide range of plot types including
line (linear, log), contour, 3D, fill, and almost 1000 characters
(including Greek and mathematical) in its extended font set. The package
is designed to make it easy to quickly get graphical output; only a
handful of function calls is typically required. For more advanced use,
virtually all aspects of plotting are configurable.
This package contains the pltcl program for interactive use of the Tcl/Tk
support for PLplot.
- Update the package index:
# sudo apt-get update
- Install plplot-tcl-bin deb package:
# sudo apt-get install plplot-tcl-bin
2014-09-16 - Andrew Ross <email@example.com>
plplot (5.10.0+dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Repackage upstream source to remove non-DFSG compliant documentation.
This is regenerated automatically anyway. Fixes lintian errors.
* debian/watch: Update watch file to account for mangled version with
+dfsg suffix. Avoids lintian warning.
* debian/rules, debian/repack: Add target to automatically download
and clean up source to remove non-DFSG compliant code.
* debian/README.Debian: Document changes to make the package DFSG
* debian/patches/fix_config_h_clash: New patch from upstream to fix name
clash with HAVE_CONFIG_H. (Closes: #761176).
* debian/copyright: Update to use new machine readable format, and to
include fuller details of files which have different licensing
conditions to the standard LGPL. (Closes: #761057)
* debian/control.in: Include libplplot-dev dependencies on
plplot12-driver-qt and plplot12-driver-wxwidgets to avoid dangling
symlinks. (Closes: #715105). Change build dependency on
ttf-freefont transitional package to fonts-freefont-ttf.
* debian/patches/set_cmake_policy: Set cmake policy CMP0026 to old to
allow compilation with cmake 3. For installed examples also set cmake
policy CMP0046 to old to suppress warnings.
* debian/patches/octave_3.8_support.diff: Fix bug introduced in octave
2014-09-09 - Thibaut Paumard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
plplot (5.10.0-0.1) unstable; urgency=low
[Thibaut Paumard <email@example.com>]
NMU to fix remaining issue, based on package proposed for sponsorship by
* Bug fix: "plplot FTBFS due to HDF5 transition", thanks to Thibaut
Paumard (Closes: #760943) (new patch: dont-check-for-hdf5_h)
[Andrew Ross <firstname.lastname@example.org>]
* New upstream version (closes: #740085, #707268, #713309, #736392, #747053,
* debian/patches/: Remove patches now in upstream and update remaining
* debian/patches/octave_3.8_support.diff: Fix some issues with octave 3.8
support (backport from upstream). Also remove obsolete continuation
markers to suppress octave warnings.
* debian/rules, debian/control.in: Use xvfb-run to run cmake since
auto-detection of tk components requires an X11 display and may fail for
autobuilders. Add the required build dependencies on xvfb, xauth and
* debian/get-upstream-version.pl: Update to reflect changes in how the
plplot version is stored in the upstream source.
* debian/rules, debian/control.in: Update arch-indep build dependencies and
remove references to postscript version of documentation to reflect
changes to the way documentation is built.
* debian/control.in: Update build dependencies to use wxwidgets-3.0 (closes:
#749488) and gnat-4.9 (closes: #728152)
* debian/rules: Add -source and -target options to javac command line. Fixes
* debian/control.in: Bump standards version to 3.9.5. Fixes lintian warning.
* debian/patches/fix-wxwidgets-linkage.diff: Add new patch to explicitly link
libplplotd to libwxwidgetsd. Fixes dpkg-shlibdeps warnings.
2013-11-05 - Andrew Ross <email@example.com>
plplot (5.9.10-2) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
* debian/changelog: Upload to experimental not unstable.
* debian/compat, debian/control.in: Update to compatibility version 9
for debhelper to remove lintian warning.
* debian/rules: Fix bug in rules for case where ada is not supported.
* debian/control.in: Fix short description for plplot-tcl-bin package.
* debian/rules: For tcl scripts in the tk examples then make symlinks rather
than duplicating files in the tck examples.