libzypp-bin - openSUSE/SLES package management system library (library tools)
||Debian 8 (Jessie)
||Debian Main amd64
libzypp is the package management library that powers applications like
YaST, zypper and the openSUSE/SLE implementation of PackageKit.
libzypp provides all the functionality for a package manager:
- an API for package repository management, supporting most common
repository metadata formats and signed repositories
- an API for solving packages, products, patterns and patches (installation,
removal, update and distribution upgrade operations) dependencies, with
additional features like locking
- an API for comitting the transaction to the system over a rpm target;
supporting deltarpm calculation, media changing and installation order
- an API for browsing available and installed software, with some facilities
for programs with an user interface
- a suite of maintained solving testcases representing common and uncommon
operations on Linux software management
This package contains command line tools shipped with the libzypp library.
- Update the package index:
# sudo apt-get update
- Install libzypp-bin deb package:
# sudo apt-get install libzypp-bin
See libzypp_14.29.1-2_amd64.deb changelog.