2014-05-07 - Jordi Mallach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
alsa-base (1.0.27+1) unstable; urgency=medium
* The still-useful bits of alsa-base (kmod configuration files) have moved
to kmod itself in version 17-1. There is nothing of use left in
alsa-base, so for jessie, it'll just become a dummy package that helps
cleaning up its old conffiles. It will be dropped after the jessie
* Add a dependency on kmod (>= 17-1) (closes: #746799).
* Remove all package contents, and tweak package descriptions to note
this is an empty, dummy package.
* All of the above obsoletes and closes: #625233, #660801, #545415.
* Add maintscript handling for the three removed conffiles.
* Cleanup debian/rules, there's nothing to do now.
* Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.5.
2013-04-20 - Jordi Mallach <email@example.com>
alsa-base (1.0.25+3) unstable; urgency=low
* Add Pre-Depends dpkg (>= 22.214.171.124~), for dpkg-maintscript-helper.
* In 1.0.25+2, we started using dh_installinit to install the
default file as /etc/default/alsa-base, and make it a proper conffile.
However, the alsa script still expected to read defaults from
/etc/default/alsa. Update it to use the new path (closes: #680914).
Additionally, make sure that if we're upgrading from versions prior to
this change, and a /etc/default/alsa file already exists and its
md5sum isn't known, it'll get renamed to alsa-base in order to
preserve user changes.
For testing users, the old file will be removed if it was pristine,
and otherwise it'll stay unused in the filesystem.
* Try to remove /etc/default/alsa on purge.
2012-08-26 - Cyril Brulebois <firstname.lastname@example.org>
alsa-base (1.0.25+2+nmu2) unstable; urgency=high
* Non-maintainer upload.
* alsa-base.modprobe: Fix snd module autoloading by adding a trailing
':', as is done for snd-rawmidi and snd-emu10k1. Since d-i's switch
to kmod, speech synthesis would otherwise be broken for a number of
devices (Closes: #685885). Thanks to Samuel Thibault for reporting,
and Julien Cristau for the suggested patch.
2012-07-08 - Neil Williams <email@example.com>
alsa-base (1.0.25+2+nmu1) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload.
* Apply patch by Helmar Gerloni <firstname.lastname@example.org> to
test for existence of directories before trying to
remove /etc/apm/suspend.d. (Closes: #673679)
2012-05-20 - Jordi Mallach <email@example.com>
alsa-base (1.0.25+2) unstable; urgency=low
* Use dpkg-maintscript-helper to correctly remove /etc/apm/scripts.d/alsa
conffile (closes: #673608).
* Remove mentions of alsa-driver, alsa-source or building alsa-modules
from alsa-base's description.
* Decruft maintainer scripts:
- use dpkg-maintscript-helper to handle previous conffile renames and
removals, and remove obsolete pre-lenny code
- stop installing a default file in /usr/share and make
/etc/default/alsa a real conffile.
- get rid of postinst entirely.
- remove apm symlinks on preinst upgrade, not just postrm purge.
* Rely on dh_installmodules, dh_bugfiles and dh_installdefault instead
of manually installing corresponding files.
* Update Vcs-* urls to point to alsa-base, not alsa-driver.
* Remove obsolete alsa-base.modprobe-post-install.
* Rewrite copyright file in machine-readable format 1.0, removing all
mentions of alsa-driver.