2015-02-22 - Michael Gilbert <email@example.com>
e2fsprogs (1.42.5-1.1+deb7u1) stable-security; urgency=high
* Non-maintainer upload by the Security Team.
* Fix CVE-2015-0247: buffer overflow in ext file system open/close routines.
* Fix CVE-2015-1572: incomplete fix for CVE-2015-0247.
2013-02-22 - Nicolas Boulenguez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
e2fsprogs (1.42.5-1.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload.
* e2fsck-static, e2fsprogs: let preinst remove a symbolic link in
/usr/share/doc, that should have been replaced with a directory since
1.39+1.40-WIP-2006.10.02+dfsg-1. (Closes: #698879).
2012-07-29 - Theodore Y. Ts'o <email@example.com>
e2fsprogs (1.42.5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream version
* Mark the e2fsprogs package as Multi-Arch: foreign, so if a package
foo:i386 depends on e2fsprogs and is installed on an amd64 system,
the native e2fsprogs will satisfy the dependency. (Closes: #678395)
* Fix a fd leak which could cause logsave (and hence a boot-time rc
init script) to hang (Closes: #682592)
* Fix a problem if e2fsck where if the root file system is mounted
read-only, e2fsck would not clear an error indication in the journal
superblock. Combined with a kernel bug, this would cause the e2fsck
to check the file system after every single boot
* Fixed filefrag so it would not seg fault on virtual filesystems such
as /proc: e.g., "filefrag /proc/partitions"
* Fix filefrag so that it correctly reports the number of extents
* Fixed a bug which caused "mke2fs -N 256 -t ext4 /tmp/foo.img 256m"
to write blocks out until /tmp filled
* Fixed a bug in how e2fsck would uniquify directory entry names
* Change e2fsck so it will allow file systems mounted read-only to be
checked with the -f option.
* Fix e2fsck so that the file system is marked as containing an
error if the user chooses not to fix the quota usage information.
* Fix tune2fs so that it correctly removes the quota feature when
the last quota inode is removed.
* Fix tune2fs so that after removing a quota inode, the block bitmap
is updated; otherwise, e2fsck would complain after running 'tune2fs
-O ^quota <dev>'.
* Fix tune2fs so that when converting a file system from using legacy
quota files to the new quota file system feature with hidden quota
files, the accounting for these files is handled correctly so that
e2fsck doesn't complain.
* The e4defrag program now allows device symlinks, such as
/dev/mapper/testvg-testlv, instead of insisting on less
human-friendly names such as /dev/dm-2
* Updated/fixed various man pages (Closes: #680114)
2012-06-13 - Theodore Y. Ts'o <firstname.lastname@example.org>
e2fsprogs (1.42.4-3) unstable; urgency=medium
* Add the -C option to chattr's usage message
* Fix e2fsprogs so it is blhc (build log hardening check) clean. This
fixed e2fsck.static which previously was not getting built with the
security hardening flags.
2012-06-12 - Theodore Y. Ts'o <email@example.com>
e2fsprogs (1.42.4-2) unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix FTBFS problem on the hurd and freebsd platforms