2012-06-08 - Ian Jackson <email@example.com>
userv (1.1.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Include INIT INFO stanza in init script.
* Draft support for `status' in init script, currently commented
out pending inclusion into policy of firm specification.
* Remove spec.ps on make clean.
* Remove spec.ps and dh log on debian/rules clean. (Use dh_clean.)
(To repro bug: dpkg-buildpackage, debian/rules clean, git-ls-files -o)
* Fix up some copyright messages.
2012-06-02 - Ian Jackson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
userv (1.1.0) unstable; urgency=medium
* Do not reject comments and blank lines inside not-being-executed
conditional clauses. (Closes: #613862.)
Important Debian packaging fix:
* Remove /var/run/userv from the .deb.
(Along with the change in 1.0.6 this Closes: #630528.)
General minor improvements (relevant outside Debian):
* Introduce a use of socklen_t to avoid a compiler warning.
* Remove spec.html and spec.ps from revision control.
* Revision control switched from cvs to git.
* Update my email address.
Debian packaging minor improvements and bugfixes:
* The new version will ensure a rebuild and therefore completely deal
with the debiandoc-sgml missing documentation bug. (Closes: #413873.)
* Use lintian for dh_fixperms; this ensures that the permissions of
/etc/userv in the .deb are 755, not 2755.
* Use `command -v' instead of `type' in maintainer scripts.
* Do not ignore errors from commands in rules clean target.
* Fix FSF address in copyright file.
* Remove obsolete local variable section from debian/changelog.
* Update Standards-Version. No changes required.
2010-04-15 - James Westby <email@example.com>
userv (1.0.6ubuntu1) lucid; urgency=low
* Change tetex-bin with texlive and tetex-extra with texlive-latex-extra
in Build-Depends for tetex transition. Cherry-picked from Debian,
Thanks to Jari Aalto.
2007-07-11 - Ian Jackson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
userv (1.0.6) unstable; urgency=low
* Create /var/run/userv in the init script as well as shipping
it in the .deb package.
2006-04-08 - Ian Jackson <email@example.com>
userv (1.0.5) unstable; urgency=low
Bugfixes (thanks to report from Nelson Beebe):
* Do not call `assert' on expressions whose side-effects we need (!)
Thanks to report from Nelson Beebe.
* Correct an erroneous assert() argument so that it would actually
detect failure of the assertion.
* alarm(2) returns unsigned and can never fail.
* Reran flex (flex Debian 2.5.31-31).
* Use install -g 0 instead of -g root. This is more portable, I hope.
* Detect missing vsnprintf and mention URL from Nelson Beebe in err msg.
* Remove obsolete `buildship' script from top level directory. We use
2006-04-07 - Ian Jackson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
userv (1.0.4) unstable; urgency=low
* Close client socket fd in spawned cats (avoids some service-side hangs
when client terminates). Thanks to report from Simon Tatham.
Minor portability fixes:
* Missing #include <string.h> and <stdlib.h> } Thanks to report
* getgroups returns int, not gid_t (!). } from Peter Benie.
* Dummy `check' target in Makefile.in. } Thanks to
* Bogus strsignal emulation for broken platforms. } report from
* Bogus WCOREDUMP emulation for broken platforms. } Nelson Beebe
Packaging improvements (including Debian packaging fixes):
* Compress uservd(8) manpage. Closes: #244735.
* spec.tex and spec.html are autogenerated: clean and .cvsignore them.
* SHELL=/bin/bash in debian/rules; use of install(8). Closes: #263979.
* Reran autoconf/autoheader (autoconf Debian 2.13-54).
* Updated copyright notices.
2003-11-01 - Ian Jackson <email@example.com>
userv (1.0.3-2) unstable; urgency=low
Debian packaging improvements (only):
* type -p invoke-rc.d changed to type, in postinst and prerm.