2016-09-15 - Markus Koschany <firstname.lastname@example.org>
cookietool (2.5-6) unstable; urgency=medium
* Team upload.
* Use compat level 10.
* Declare compliance with Debian Policy 3.9.8.
* Remove obsolete DM-Upload-Allowed field.
* Use canonical Vcs-URI and https.
* Remove hardening-includes build-dependency. (Closes: #836752)
* Remove manual handling of hardening build flags. Just use the default
* Remove build-dependency on dpkg-dev. Trivially satisfied now.
2011-02-11 - Peter Pentchev <email@example.com>
cookietool (2.5-5) unstable; urgency=low
[ Peter Pentchev ]
* Switch to the 3.0 (quilt) source format:
- drop the quilt build dependency
- drop the use of the quilt debhelper plugin in the rules file
- remove the README.source file
* Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.1 with no changes.
* Update the copyright file to the latest DEP 5 candidate format and
bump the year on my packaging copyright notice.
* Use dpkg-buildflags from dpkg-dev 1.15.7 to obtain the default values
for CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, and LDFLAGS.
* Use hardening-includes instead of hardening-wrapper so that
the hardened flags (if requested) are visible in CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.
* Move the packaging to Git and update the Vcs-* control fields.
* Enable build hardening by default unless the "nohardening" build
option is specified.
* Bump the debhelper compatibility level to 8 with no changes.
[ Ansgar Burchardt ]
* debian/control: Add DM-Upload-Allowed: yes.
2009-09-07 - Peter Pentchev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
cookietool (2.5-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Using override targets calls for debhelper >= 7.0.50; among other
things, this fixes the build on Lenny.
* Simplify the rules file even further by using the quilt plugin
for debhelper; specify a >= 0.46-7 version to the quilt dependency.
* Extract the history section of the README file into a changelog.
* Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.3 with no changes.
* Add the Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser control fields.
* Switch the copyright file to the rev. 59 of DEP 5 and shorten it by
breaking out the repeated GPL-2+ license text into a separate section.
* Only enable the hardening wrapper if "hardening" is specified in
* Fix a couple of minor grammatical errors and typos in the control,
rules, and README.Debian files.
* Convert the patch headers to the DEP 3 format.
* Reword the short description to make it a noun phrase and avoid
the second person singular.
2009-04-04 - Peter Pentchev <email@example.com>
cookietool (2.5-3) unstable; urgency=low
* New maintainer. Closes: #503560
* Use quilt for patch management.
* Add a placeholder watchfile explaining why we can't use uscan.
* Fix a hyphen used as a minus sign in cookietool.6.
* Update the copyright file:
- convert it to the machine-parseable format
- add my copyright notice
- change the common-licenses reference to GPL-2, not the GPL symlink
- unfortunately, the original source files do not have a defensible
copyright statement - they all have only a "(c)" string in
the comments - but there's nothing we can do about it for the present
* Add misc:Depends to the binary package.
* Bump the debhelper compatibility level to 7:
- minimize the rules file using override targets
* Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.1:
- allow the compiler program and flags to be overridden so that
the "noopt" build option may be honored
- add a README.source file mentioning the use of quilt
- add a Homepage field pointing to cookietool.readme on the FTP site
* Build with -Werror if the "werror" build option is specified.
* Add the 04-compiler-warnings patch to fix some compiler warnings.
* Use the build hardening wrapper unless "nohardening" is specified