2019-02-09 - Niels Thykier <email@example.com>
apt-file (3.2.2) unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix bug where the progress indicator was still been using
under debug mode (despite the intention for it to be
disabled as it clashes with the debug messages).
* README.md: Update links to Julian's blog. (Closes: #921115)
* Optimize imports to reduce start up time a bit.
2018-12-28 - Niels Thykier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
apt-file (3.2.1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Include a final new-line in the 50apt-file.conf file. Thanks to
Sven Joachim for reporting its absence. (Closes: #917304)
* Optimize "apt-file list-indices" by about a factor 3 in the
default case by calling "apt-get indextargets" only once rather
than once per index.
* Have apt-file print status indicators when stdout is a TTY
(and when not running in debug mode).
* Explicitly pass configuration file to apt-file during the test
to fix a problem with the autopkgtests failing.
2018-12-25 - Niels Thykier <email@example.com>
apt-file (3.2) unstable; urgency=medium
* Drop now unnecessary lintian-overrides.
* Add a new "list-indices" command to list which indices can be
enabled/disabled and searched (using the -I command).
* Assume that Contents files no longer have a descriptive header
that contains human-readable instructions for how to read the
file. If you are working with Contents files that still have
them, then set "apt-file::Parser::Check-For-Description-Header"
to "true" in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50apt-file.conf. Thanks to
Paul Wise for making this factor 2 speed improvement possible.
* Reset the error message for when the apt-file cache is empty
to refer to "apt-file update" instead of "apt update".
* Clarify in apt-file.1 that "apt-file update" is not deprecated
as it has a special case where it is different from a regular
"apt update" / "apt-get update".
* Sort the options in the --help output (except for --help and
"--", which are both deliberately last). (Closes: #651684)
* Bump Standards-Version to 4.3.0.
2018-04-28 - Niels Thykier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
apt-file (3.1.6) unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix typo in the changelog
* Update Vcs-* fields to point to salsa.debian.org.
* Bump Standards-Versions to 4.1.4 - No changes required.
* Bump debhelper compat 11 via the new "debhelper-compat"
2017-10-28 - Niels Thykier <email@example.com>
apt-file (3.1.5) unstable; urgency=medium
* Remove rapt-file and two obsolete .sgml files from the source.
* Set R³ to no; apt-file does not need (fake)root during the
binary-targets in the package builds.
* Skip dh_strip_nondeterminism; it is a no-op at the moment and
is planned to be removed eventually.
* Set debhelper compat to 10.
* Bump Standards-Version to 4.1.1 - no additional changes
2017-01-23 - Niels Thykier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
apt-file (3.1.4) unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix typo in 60disable-contents-fetching.conf. Thanks to
Felix Geyer for spotting it. (Closes: #843453)
* apt-file: Fix two spelling mistakes in the --help output.
Thanks to "axhn" on IRC and Guillem Jover for spotting
2016-11-06 - Niels Thykier <email@example.com>
apt-file (3.1.3) unstable; urgency=medium
* apt-file: Gracefully handle if origins (or suites) have spaces
in them. (Closes: #843401, #843403)