openjazz - Jazz Jackrabbit™ game engine reimplementation
||Debian 10 (Buster)
||Debian Contrib i386
||Debian Games Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
OpenJazz is a free, open-source version of the classic Jazz Jackrabbit™ games.
Jazz Jackrabbit™ is a PC platform game. Produced by Epic Games (then Epic
MegaGames), it was first released in 1994. The fast-paced, colourful gameplay
proved popular, and the game won PC Format's Arcade Game of the Year award.
Many people still fondly recall the shareware versions.
With the demise of DOS-based operating systems, it has become necessary to use
emulators to play old DOS games. Jazz Jackrabbit™ deserves more - and would
benefit greatly from new features.
To play, you will need the files from one of the original games. Current
releases of `game-data-packager' are able to generate a suitable data package
from the Jazz Jackrabbit Collection as published on GOG.
- Update the package index:
# sudo apt-get update
- Install openjazz deb package:
# sudo apt-get install openjazz
2019-01-08 - Fabian Greffrath <email@example.com>
openjazz (20190106-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* New upstream version 20190106.
* Remove all patches that were backported
from the upstream GIT repository.
* Generate manpage from POD template.
2018-12-22 - Fabian Greffrath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
openjazz (20180522-3) unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix debian/watch file.
* Recommend a recent enough version of game-data-packager.
* Install OJ main menu emblem into DATAPATH.
2018-10-20 - Fabian Greffrath <email@example.com>
openjazz (20180522-2) unstable; urgency=medium
* Put package under Debian Games Team maintenance,
move myself to Uploaders.
* Apply some post-release patches from the upstream GIT repo.
* Install a man page generated from upstream's own
2018-07-04 - Fabian Greffrath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
openjazz (20180522-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Initial release (Closes: #898301).